The seconds it takes for a fire to spread and intensify can mean the difference between life and death and destruction. It makes sense then, that your home’s fire protection system must be up to speed. Wireless fire protection and alarm monitoring is the fastest, most reliable option to protect your family, home and valuables, even when you are not there.
How Fire Protection Systems Work
Wireless fire alarms throughout your home are programmed to signal an alarm at the first sign of fire to alert occupants, contact the homeowner, and/or alert the monitoring service. Without fire monitoring, when the alarm sounds in the home, it is up to the occupants to assess the situation and call the fire department. If the system is set up so the homeowner is remotely monitoring the home security system, the homeowner receives the message and determines whether to contact the fire department. If the fire protection system is monitored by a customer monitoring service, the agent on duty dispatches emergency services to your home.
Benefits of Wireless Fire Alarms
The preservation of family, home and valuables are benefited enough for anybody to have fire alarm protection and monitoring, but there are a few other built-in perks.
- Save money—the cost of property loss exceeds billions of dollars every year, and save up to 20% on home insurance.
- Save time on installation—wireless alarm installation makes it an easy do-it-yourself project with no harmful drilling through walls.
- Stay connected—by always being “on call” with your monitoring system or service, you will know of a fire threat immediately
- Fastest dispatch of emergency services 24/7, even when nobody’s home
How to Choose a Fire Protection System
Once you’ve determined the specific needs of your home and family, choose several reputable products and monitoring services to investigate and compare. Among the first questions to ask is whether the service will work with an existing home and fire protection system.
Options to consider:
- Does the service provide annual testing and inspection of the system?
- Are the fire monitoring service agents professionally trained to handle emergency situations?
- Does the service offer convenient homeowner contact methods such as web-enabled smartphone, pad, computer, cell phone, or keychain?
- Can additional protective devices be added later?
- Is the monitoring system easy and convenient enough for even the youngest and oldest family members?
- Are alternative power and communication back-ups and routes available?
- If your home is empty for long hours or you travel frequently, a monitoring service is likely best.
More Safety Solutions for Kids and Families:
- Remote Temperature Monitor for the Home
- Best Wireless Outdoor Security Cameras
- Fortress Security Store and Other Top Surveillance Cameras
- How to Choose a Digital Camera for Kids
- Safest and Most Durable Laptops for Kids
Article Provided by: Safety
If you would like liquidvideotechnologies.com to discuss developing your Home Security System, Networking, Access Control, Fire, IT consultant or PCI Compliance, please do not hesitate to call us at 864-859-9848 or you can email us at email@example.com